- Bachelor of Urban & Regional Planning The University of New England
- Certified Practising Planner
Summary of Experience
- Ian is responsible for the Strategic Business Planning of Barker Ryan Stewart.
- Ian has a broad range of development management and planning experience.
- Manages a team of professionals to deliver the full range of services offered by Barker Ryan Stewart.
- Has solid working relationships with numerous Council and State Government departments.
- Development Manager for numerous industrial, commercial, retail and residential developments throughout NSW.
- Has provided consulting services for seniors living, affordable housing, residential, commercial, industrial, mining, tourism, retail and government projects.
- Principal planner for numerous large scale developments throughout NSW, including UDIA award winning developments.
- Prepared numerous LEP’s and DCP’s in various LGA’s including: Penrith City Council, Cessnock City Council, Blacktown City Council, Muswellbrook Council, Hurstville Council, Gosford City Council and City of Ryde.
- Provides consulting services to a range of local and state government authorities.
- Expert witness in the NSW Land and Environment Court.
- Barker Ryan Stewart Pty Ltd — Director (2009—current)
- Stewart Planning Group — Director (1999—2008)
- Dbis Development Management — Director ( 2002-2004)
- Bowdens Group — Senior Environmental Manager (1997—2004) on a sub contract basis.
- Port Stephens Council — Development Assessment Planner (1993—1996)
- Muswellbrook Shire Council — Contract Town Planner (1992)