Director and Sydney Manager
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) Second class hons.
- Corporate Membership – Engineers Australia
- Registration on the National Professional Engineers Register
- Accredited Certifier under NSW Building Professionals Act with Accreditation in Categories B1, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C12, C14, C15, C16 and D1.
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland
Summary of Experience
- Garry is responsible for the Strategic Business Planning of Barker Ryan Stewart.
- Garry has a broad range of property development, civil engineering and private certification experience.
- Manages a team of professionals to deliver the full range of services offered by Barker Ryan Stewart.
- He has over 20 years’ experience in the design, investigation, construction supervision and project management of civil engineering works associated with residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Construction supervision and contract administration of a variety of civil infrastructure projects.
- As an accredited certifier Garry has issued numerous Subdivision Certificates, Construction Certificates, Compliance Certificates, Strata Certificates and Complying Development Certificates.
- Has solid working relationships with numerous Council and State Government department officers.
- Has completed numerous hold point inspections for road and drainage works and ensured all the contractors testing, reporting and WAE plans have been undertaken in accordance with Council’s and RTA requirements.
- Barker Ryan Stewart Pty Ltd—Director (2009—current)
- Barker Ryan Consulting Pty Ltd—Director and Senior Civil Engineer and Accredited Certifier (2005—2008)
- GJ Ryan and Associates Pty Ltd—Director and Senior Civil Engineer and Accredited Certifier (2001—2005), (1997—2001 part time)
- Hawkesbury City Council Design and GIS Manager (1989—2001)
- Water Board (Sydney) various positions (1983—1989)