Associate / South East Queensland Manager
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours Degree, University of Sydney
- Member of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Registration on the National Professional Engineers Register
- Registration on the Queensland Professional Engineers Register
- Accredited Certifier under NSW Building Professionals Act with accreditation in categories B1, C1, C2, C3, C4 and C6
- UDIA EnviroDevelopment Professional
- Subdivision & Strata Certification
- Development Engineering
- Project Management
Chris Borg is a Senior Civil Engineer and has over 9 years’ experience in a Development Engineer and Construction Engineer in local government, as well as a Construction Supervisor and Structural Engineer within the private sector. Chris joined Barker Ryan Stewart in early 2018 with the intention of relocating and managing the South East Queensland office later in the year.
Chris has a broad knowledge of the subdivision and land development processes including; road and drainage, WSUD, flooding, onsite detention, and soil erosion and sediment control. Chris is an Accredited Certifier and has experience in assessing Developments Applications, Construction Certificates, conducting compliance inspections and issuing Compliance Certificates for subdivisions under the EP&A Act and other engineering approvals under the Roads and Local Government Acts.
Previous experience in design, project management and supervision of project teams throughout the construction processes has given Chris a diverse skill set. He is committed to construction quality through detailed design, job efficiency, problem-solving and Workplace Health and Safety.
As Office Manager, he oversees the operations of the South East Queensland office providing management, planning and coordination of the office and project resources.
He enjoys most sports, in particular, fishing, rugby league and bodyboarding and is hoping that with the move to the coast will be able to enjoy more time in and around the water.