Client: Coffs Harbour City Council
Location: Coffs Harbour Region
Duration: June 2017 - July 2017
Services: Civil Engineering
Coffs Harbour Region, NSW
Barker Ryan Stewart was engaged by Coffs Harbour City Council to provide civil engineering design services to upgrade pedestrian infrastructure around a number of different schools across the Coffs Harbour region.
The schools and proposed works included;
- Bishop Druitt College – creating a pedestrian link from the Bishop Druitt College entrance to a neighbouring street and installing new kerb ramps/refuge/blisters while extending the footpath.
- Coffs Harbour Public School – Relocate and upgrade existing school children’s crossing, new kerb ramps and upgrades to the median including pedestrian fencing. As well as installing a new footpath to connect existing footpaths between surrounding streets.
- Boambee Public School – Wombat Crossing to replace existing children’s crossing.
- Mary Help of Christians – Kerb ramps, kerb extensions and construction of a new footpath.
- Nana Glen Public School – Wombat Crossing and new kerb ramps.
- St Augustine’s Primary School – Wombat Crossing and new kerb ramps.
The BRS team worked closely with Council to ensure designs were created that would work best for each individual school. All the designs were created with stakeholders input as well as considering all of the environmental constraints that were relevant for each area. The team delivered the project quickly and efficiently.
Coffs Harbour City Council acquired funding for these works through the 2016–2017 RMS Facilities Around Schools Grant and once works are complete these improvements will create safer surroundings for the students at these schools as well improving traffic flow throughout the area.