Civil Designer – Hunter Office
Barker Ryan Stewart is a rapidly growing multi-disciplinary engineering, project management, planning, surveying and private certification consultancy.
Due to the high demand of projects we are seeking a Civil Designer to join our Hunter office.
The role will provide an opportunity to work with an innovative and dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy with excellent professional development opportunities.
There is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join Barker Ryan Stewart’s growing civil engineering team providing services across all their four offices (Sydney, Central Coast, Hunter and South East Queensland).
- Preparation of civil engineering designs, specifications, models and supporting documentation.
- Providing designs which are fit for purpose, practical, cost effective, comply with relevant design and regulatory standards, and comply with WHS and Quality Control requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of Bills of Quantities.
- Work closely with engineering team members to clarify design and/or documentation issues throughout the design, documentation and construction phases.
- Proactively plan, manage, coordinate, track and run assigned projects tasks.
- Provide regular project reviews and reporting to the Hunter Manager and Directors as required.
- Conduct thorough self-checking of designs, information, drawings and documentation.
- Maintaining project files and keeping documentation in order.
- Assign and check work of technical staff assigned to work on a project.
- Provide technical advice to management, staff and clients.
- Undertake site inspections as required.
- Attend and participate in client meetings.
- Perform general office duties as required.
- Adopt continuous learning and improvement processes in all aspects of the position.
- Implement, participate and promote Company Policies, processes and procedures.
- Certificate III in Drafting Trades, Diploma in Civil Engineering and/or University Engineering Degree recognised by Engineers Australia, or equivalent.
- WorkCover Site Induction Training Card.
- A Class C NSW Drivers Licence.
- 5-10 years previous civil engineering design experience.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Good working knowledge and experience with 12d or Civil3D civil design software packages.
- Strong civil design skills (Road / infrastructure experience preferred).
Please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.