BRS is excited to announce the launch of our new discipline – surveying services.
Beginning April 2018, Barker Ryan Stewart will be offering surveying services as part of our goal to provide total project solutions to our clients. This will add to our already extensive list of services which includes: town planning, project management, civil engineering, traffic engineering, strata and subdivision certification and RMS project verification.
The surveying services will be launched under the leadership of our experienced Survey Manager, Brett Kittel, who is a Senior Registered Surveyor and has over 30 years of experience in the surveying profession.
The surveying services will include managing the surveying aspects of projects from site inspection, planning approval through construction, and potential plan registration for land development in urban, rural and regional areas.
During the pre-development process our surveyors can advise on cadastral issues including titles (old system/limited titles), strength of cadastre and potential easement issues, end purpose land subdivision (Torrens or Community), strata subdivisions, stratum subdivisions and assist with preparation of layouts for development applications. This would include undertaking underground services searches to assist in highlighting potential issues including power, water, sewerage, gas and communications.
We can now also offer detailed surveys to internal requirements for pre-DA and engineering design. The initial detail survey often forms the basis of the Digital Terrain Model (DTM) for design. The detail design DTM is increasingly being provided to civil contractors to assist with the construction of civil works and providing this service in-house only streamlines this process for BRS and our clients.
Our surveying services team can provide subdivision and post-subdivision certificates, and prepare sales plans, draft plans and legal documents related to:
- With preparation of draft deposited plans and preparation of draft 88B instrument (for finalisation by a Solicitor).
- Input into community management statements/servicing plans for community title subdivisions in liaison with solicitors.
- Preparing draft strata plans and having input into strata plan by-laws in liaison with solicitors.
- Undertaking potential surveying activities involved with construction.
- Liaising and coordinating with service authorities eg. Section 50 certificate HWC, Section 73 certificate Sydney Water, energy providers.
- Easement plans / red line diagrams required by service authorities.
- Providing work as executed surveys (signed by a Registered Surveyor or Civil Engineer).
- Final marking and final plan preparation.
We are excited to launch our new in-house surveying services, available from all our offices in Sydney, Central Coast and Hunter. If you would like to find out more about our surveying services, contact us today. We are also looking to add to our growing survey services team. If you are interested in joining BRS you can find out more about what positions we have available on the join our team page on our website.